All throughout my time covering hockey I have raved about the book 100 Ranger Greats and interviewed its authors. Right now, you have a chance to own this book if you do not already have it. Today begins FNYTSF’s first ever hockey trivia challenge!
This book is a spectacular mix of statistics, stories, and Ranger folklore and is a must-read for any Ranger fan. It is also selling on Amazon for an upwards of $25. But this 240-page, hardcover book can be yours in just three weeks if you feel like answering some questions.
All the answers to these questions can be found in the book and most likely somewhere online. There will be three rounds of five questions each, and they will get harder as the rounds move on. The person with the most correct answers will win the book. If there is a tie between participants, it will be settled privately with an email question.
In order to enter, you must email your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject must also clearly read in caps “RANGERS TRIVIA CHALLENGE”. I get a lot of emails and I don’t want to accidentally delete yours, so please label is as such.
You must also include your full name and the city/state you reside in so you can be given proper recognition on the leader-board when it gets updated.
The questions will be posted every Tuesday, so answers must be in by midnight on Monday.
There is no set time of day that the questions will be posted, so if you are not one who checks the site regularly, I highly suggest becoming a subscriber. Please scroll down on the right side and find where it says “Email Subscriber”. By clicking “Sign Me Up” you will be sent an email each time an article is posted, and that includes the trivia every Tuesday.
Have fun and good luck!
Round One Questions
1. Which forward became famous and loved by the Garden faithful in the 1970′s for throwing pucks into the stands during warm-ups?
2. Which 1940’s tough defenseman had a nose described in the Daily News as, “It looked like an afterthought, like it was stuck on his weather beaten face by a careless sculptor”?
3. Which agitator was known for yapping at his opponents in a mixture of Finnish and English, making it so no one could understand him?
4. Which star player was traded during the 1994 season after he fell out of favor with coach Mike Keenan?
5. Which coach was nicknamed “The Wizard of Lake Placid”?