Needless to say, last night’s pick from the Rangers caused some excitement, in both a good and bad way. Below is the process I went through as the Rangers got set to make their pick, and followed through with it.
1. The Rangers are on the clock: excitement.
2. The Rangers make their way to the podium: angst.
3. The Rangers are at the podium: tension.
4. The Rangers make their selection: frustration.
5. The name they called finally sets in: conniption.
6. The player makes his way to the podium: rage.
7. The TSN analysts bash the selection: lunacy.
8. The fact that the Rangers desperately needed a tough defenseman sets in: hyperventilation.
9. The realization that the draft was in the hands of Gordie Clark, not Glen Sather: calmness.
I want to thank the Rangers for taking about five years off my life and maybe tacking two back on because of their selection last night. I really like the pick now, honest to God, I just did not expect it at all.